Friday 3 April 2009

Nail Polish & Tissue Paper

Sometimes it really is the little things in life that amuse me. Well, they either amuse me or annoy the crap out of me. In my case, both can occur within seconds of each other. For example: I can be out shopping and there might be a young teenage girl, no more than 13 years old, dressed totally inappropriately for being out in public. Bear in mind it's only just turned April and really still quite cold... Recent examples include a neon pink tube top pulled down to make a "dress", ridiculously high stilettos (or hooker heels as I call them) which clearly are not designed for children, oversized neon yellow fireman's pants, totally transparent white string vests over a blatantly visible bra or really anything else which would be suitably placed in a brothel. Now the fact their parents allow them to go out in public dressed like this says a lot for the society we live in nowadays but that's a whole other post. *lol* What amuses me is that they walk about thinking they look hot! Now I realise they're getting the attention they crave because I'm sat here blogging about them but really? *shakes head in disbelief* It amuses me bacuase I know everyone's laughing at them but it annoys the crap out of me because they symbolise all that is wrong with our society.

This morning as I was on the train on my way to work I was annoyed and amused in the space of about 20 minutes. I was sitting on the train minding my own business and a woman got on. After humphing her bags all about the place (I think her office was having a bring-your-kitchen-sink-to-work-day) she began painting her nails! There is very little ventilation on the train and combined with the heating... OMG... talk about headache inducing! Then as I got off the train there was this guy suntering along in front of me, clearly thinking he looked so cool and "with it" in his nice new shoes and coat. You know the type. The coat he had on though was clearly new and he had the belt fashionably tied behind him - thing is, the idiot had left the protective tissue paper over the buckle!! *lmao*

Oh deary me. What a peculiar world. *lol*

0 comments:

Post a Comment