Saturday 11 April 2009

The Joy of Baking


I baked again! It's like I've found this new hobby and I can't get enough! This time I made another batch of gingerbread (but it didn't come out as nice as before - either the oven was a little too hot or the self-raising flour wasn't quite right.) I also made chocolate brownies and Rice Krispies Squares and OMG they're fab!!! I have the ingredients to make millionaire's shortbread but I think I'll make that later on.

The recipe I used for the brownies came from Joy of Baking, a great recipe website I came across just the other day. Here it is:

Chocolate Brownies

Ingredients:
  • 140g bittersweet chocolate
  • 115g unsalted butter
  • 15g cocoa powder
  • 200g granulated white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 3 large eggs
  • 95g all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 125g semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 175*C and place the rack in the center of the oven.
  2. Butter an 20 cm square pan.
  3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
  4. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar.
  5. Whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  6. Stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips.
  7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake.
  8. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.

0 comments:

Post a Comment