Thursday 12 March 2009

Welcome!

“The first step in getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.” [Benjamin Stein]

Welcome to my blog. I imagine that most of my readers are my friends and family so hi guys. =D Should you be a completely random person, unknown to me, who stumbled upon my little space on the internet, welcome. In any case, feel free to leave comments or e-mail me. It’s nice to know people are reading this. =)

You’re probably wondering what the quote at the top of the page is all about, right? Well I was looking for something inspirational but not too cheesy and while looking for inspiration I came across this. It just seems to fit my life right now. I ’m almost 29 and still feel almost as clueless as I did when I was 22 and had just graduated uni. I didn’t really know what I wanted then and not, seven years later, I still don’t really know. So recently I’ve been trying to decide what I really want out of life and the simple fact is that in order to get what I want, I first need to know what I want. That’s a given, right? Sounds easy? Ha! It’s not. I want the same as everyone else in that I want to be rich and successful, I want to be recognised, and I want to be happy and healthy (not necessarily in that order) but it’s easier said than done. One thing that I’m certain I want more than anything else is to be happy and I know exactly what will get that ball rolling… living in Edinburgh again. I appreciate that I began my married life in the West and in the past four years I’ve matured so much and developed and grown so much in myself that it’s hard not to feel an affinity with my current home. But I’m a capital city girl at heart and having lived in Glasgow for almost four years I’m ready to go home. I miss it so much. =( Last month we took the first steps in making that dream a reality… we put down a deposit on a house in Edinburgh. The missives have since been signed so there’s no going back!

Welcome to EH14.

0 comments:

Post a Comment