Monday 16 March 2009

My Literary Dilemma

I just finished reading Sophie Kinsella’s latest book, Remember Me? It reminded me just how much I miss reading. When I was younger I used to read loads, and I mean loads! I must have read the entire Sweet Valley High and The Babysitters Club series’. Oh, and the Sweet Dreams series. I remember when they made SWH and TBS into TV shows – I was hooked! It was like a dream come true lol.

I see that Sophie Kinsella also writes as Madeleine Wickham in a whole other set of books. Since I’ve read all of her Shopaholic ones and the other SK ones she’s written I think it’s time I move on to MW. But I have a million books in the house to read first. What a dilemma lol.

Since we made the decision to move, I have packed up two boxes of stuff; one of extreme winter and summer clothes (scarves, gloves, bikini’s and shorts *lol*) and one of books. It’s not much, I realise that, but it’s a start. To give you an insight into my tastes, here are a selection of the books in my collection: The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon, Relentless by Simon Kernick, Marshmallows for Breakfast by Dorothy Koomson, Sushi for Beginners by Marian Keyes, The House at Riverton by Kate Morton and The Rice Mother by Rani Manicka.

Quite a variety! *lol* Oh btw, I decided what to read next: The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella. After that I've officially read all of her books. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment