Friday 13 March 2009

Random Fact of the Day

I guess it’s true: you do learn something new every day. Take today for instance. I went on to Wikipedia, clicked on random article and learned that Midtronden is a 6,759 ft high mountain with two peaks in the Rondane mountain range in Dovre, Oppland, Norway. Useless? Perhaps. But just think what would happen if I ever found myself on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and the question “Which mountain range is Midtronden part of?” I’d know the answer!! =D

But all joking aside, this got me thinking. How great would it be to teach yourself a new fact or word or literary titbit each and every day? Imagine how fast your knowledge bank would grow in just a matter of weeks! Imagine how vast it could be! When I was at high school I had to learn 20 new words of volabulary in French and Italian after every other class and I’m certain it paid off. So today I learned the Norwegian mountain fact. Plus I learned that in Norwegian “Midtronden is a mountain with two peaks in Oppland” is “Midtronder er eij Fjell med to toppar i Oppland.” How cool is that?? =D

Oh, and on a total tangent, I got the weirdest piece of mail today at work! I got a letter from an organisation called Cambridge Who’s Who claiming that I was “recently proposed as a biographical candidate to represent Lanarkshire in the 2009/2010 online Cambridge Who’s Who Registry among Executives and Professionals.” Sounds swanky! Apparently they think I’d make an interesting biographical subject. Hmmm… I’m sceptical. It all looks like a bit of a scam to me - a database of people with jobs who will probably end up having to pay for the priviledge of having their name on a website. Straight in the recycling it goes lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment